About This Book
About This Book
- Analyze, benchmark, and profile your Node.js application to find slow spots, and push it to the limit by eliminating performance bottlenecks
- Learn the basis of performance analysis using Node.js
- Explore the high performance capabilities of Node.js, along with best practices
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Node.js developers who want a more in-depth knowledge of the platform to improve the performance of their applications. Whether you have a base Node.js background or you are an expert who knows the garbage collector and wants to leverage it to make applications more robust, the examples in this book will benefit you.
What You Will Learn
- Develop applications using well-defined and well-tested development patterns
- Explore memory management and garbage collection to improve performance
- Monitor memory changes and analyze heap snapshots
- Profile CPU and improve your code to avoid patterns that force intensive processor usage
- Understand the importance of data and when you should cache information
- Educate yourself to always test your code and benchmark when needed
- Extend your application's scope and know what other elements can influence performance
Starting with performance analysis concepts and their importance in helping Node.js developers eliminate performance bottlenecks, this book will take you through development patterns to avoid performance penalties. You will learn the importance of garbage collection and its behavior, and discover how to profile your processor, allowing better performance and scalability.