Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
D is a programming language built to help programmers address the challenges of modern software development. It does so by fostering modules interconnected through precise interfaces, a federation of tightly integrated programming paradigms, language-enforced thread isolation, modular type safety, an efficient memory model, and more.
The D Programming Language is an authoritative and comprehensive introduction to D. Reflecting the author’s signature style, the writing is casual and conversational, but never at the expense of focus and pre¿cision. It covers all aspects of the language (such as expressions, statements, types, functions, contracts, and modules), but it is much more than an enumeration of features.
Inside the book you will find
- In-depth explanations, with idiomatic examples, for all language features
- How feature groups support major programming paradigms
- Rationale and best-use advice for each major feature
- Discussion of cross-cutting issues, such as error handling, contract programming, and concurrency
- Tables, figures, and “cheat sheets” that serve as a handy quick reference for day-to-day problem solving with D
Written for the working programmer, The D Programming Language not only introduces the D language—it presents a compendium of good practices and idioms to help both your coding with D and your coding in general.