Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
In this fully updated and expanded second edition, Carol Grbich provides a guide through current issues in the analysis of qualitative data. Packed with detailed examples, a glossary, further reading lists and a section on writing up, this book is exactly what you need to get you started in qualitative research.
The new edition covers analytical approaches including:
- grounded theory
- classical, existential and hermeneutic phenomenology
- feminist research including memory work
- classical, auto- and cyberethnography as well as ethnodrama
- content, narrative, conversation and discourse analysis
- visual interpretation
- semiotic, structural and poststructural analyses
A one-stop-shop for students new to qualitative data analysis!
Available with Perusall —an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuringsocial annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.