Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This comprehensive and practical guide takes you step-by-step through the core concepts and applications of architectural lighting. Now completely revised and updated for the second edition, this book:
- Includes all new information on the latest regulations and recommendations
- Provides special attention to the rapid development of LED lighting
- Considers the new CIE colour metric system
- Concludes each chapter with questions for the reader, together with inverted appropriate answers
- Featuresfull colour throughout, for the first time, to support the text and aid the reader
Covering a wide range of building types and external environments, this book shows how the concepts used in lighting design arise from the needs of the designer and user. These concepts are given a practical context to enable you to develop and improve your design skills, building up from the basics of how much light is needed and the role of shadows, to energy management and the calculations for daylighting, The author provides accessible, user-friendly explanations of technical information and specialist techniques intended for people who need to get to the heart of the subject as quickly as possible.
An indispensible learning tool for students, and for professionals developing their skills, this handbook provides examples and exercises to help you acquire the understanding, knowledge and skill required for examinations and professional training purposes.