Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This challenging, hard-hitting book is about making schooling relevant to modern society. It starts from the premise that our present education system is ill equipped to serve students and society in thetwenty-first century. In a series of positive yet powerful and provocativechapters, the authors look at critical issues shaping schools today, with a view to:
* set out the critical issues behind the headlines
* show evidence from research and examples of good practice
* stimulate public debate and rigorous thinking about how we educate children for life in the twenty-first century
* provide practical examples of learning for the future
* present a vision for school transformation.
With contributions from a range of leading commentators including Tim Brighouse, Jonathan Poritt, Anita Roddick, Charles Handy and Jonathan Sacks, this is a must-read for school leaders, teachers, policy-makers, parents and all education professionals.