Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
The fourth edition of International Business Law and the Legal Environment: A Transactional Approach gives business and law students a clear understanding of the legal principles that govern international business. This book goes beyond compliance by emphasizing how to use the law to create value and competitive advantage.
DiMatteo's transactional approach walks students through key business transactions—from import and export, contracts, and finance to countertrade, dispute resolution, licensing, and more—giving them both context and providing real-world applications. More concise than previous editions, this new edition also features:
• Added coverage of new technologies, such as smart contracts, digital platforms, and blockchain technology
• Discussion of businesses and sustainability, climate change, and creating a circular economy
• Greater focus on UNIDROIT Principles and a review of INCOTERMS 2020
• Expansion of common carrier coverage to include CMI trucking and CMR railway conventions
• International perspective and use of a variety of national and international law materials
• Great coverage of EU substantive law
Upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate students of business law and international business will appreciate DiMatteo's lucid writing style, and professionals will find this book to be a comprehensive resource. Online resources include an instructor's manual, PowerPoint slides, test bank, and other tools to provide additional support for students and instructors.