Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
"God is the author of all genuine liberty, for His act on the cross for us provides the only ultimate liberation from our self-centeredness"
-- Dr. John Warwick Montgomery
Tiananmen Square. Two words that will not blow away in the winds of time.
What do they mean to you? Can you make sense of the violence? Do you understand why?
John Warwick Montgomery was there and as an eyewitness provides answers to such questions in his intriguing book, Giant in Chains.
Using his wide knowledge of China, he analyses the various forces that have shaped that country's destiny:
- the legacy of Imperial China
- its historical resistance to anything foreign
- the influence of the three religions of China
- the checkered history of its Christian church
- the Chinese brand of Marxism that filled a spiritual vacuum
Out of bloodshed and repression, Professor Montgomery sees a vision of hope for the future.
This latest edition of Giant in Chains contains a number of new theological and apologetics essays that reinforce the arguments of this timely and important book.