Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This book is a practical guide for identifying and supporting gifted English language learners (ELLs) based on research and firsthand teaching experience. This book:
- Presents practical information and strategies for identifying gifted ELLs.
- Helps readers understand more about potentially gifted behaviors and talents.
- Supports the enrichment and social-emotional needs of these students.
- Includes background information, teaching strategies, and methods.
- Offers ideas for lessons and activities that can be used to support any learner.
Research from the last 2 decades shows that there is a considerable disparity between ELLs and native English speakers identified as gifted. This book will inspire action by key players in these students' lives, including English language and gifted educators, classroom teachers, school administrators, district and state leaders, families, and the greater community.