Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
Berlitz Pocket Guide San Francisco
San Francisco is one of America's (and indeed the world's) favorite cities. With its stunning natural setting, sweeping views from high in the Hills, cable cars and fog-cloaked Bay, this city incites love at first sight. Be inspired to visit by the brand new Berlitz Pocket Guide San Francisco, a concise, full-color guide to this tropical paradise that combines lively text with vivid photography to highlight the best that San Francisco has to offer.
Inside Berlitz Pocket Guide San Francisco:
- Where To Go takes you from Downtown out to the coast. Take in Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District before heading down to the Bay and then up to the Hills and North Beach for amazing city views. For longer stays, daytrips explore the wine country of Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley, quaint harbour towns and tranquil spots such as Muir Woods National Monument.
- Top 10 Attractions gives a run-down of the best sights to take in on your trip, including the Golden Gate Bridge and surrounds, Fisherman's Wharf and Alamo Square.
- Perfect Day provides an itinerary for one day in the city.
- What To Do is a snapshot of ways to spend your spare time, from watersports and cycling to walking trails and shopping, plus nightlife.
- Essential information on San Francisco's culture, including a brief history of the island.
- Eating Out covers the island's best cuisine.
- Curated listings of the best hotels and restaurants.
- A-Z of all the practical information you'll need.
About Berlitz: Berlitz draws on years of travel and language expertise to bring you a wide range of travel and language products, including travel guides, maps, phrase books, language-learning courses, dictionaries and kids' language products.