Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Every year, thousands of computer systems in the UK are compromised. The majority fall victim to easily preventable cyber attacks, carried out with tools which are freely available on the Internet.
Cyber Essentials is the UK Government's reaction to the proliferation of these attacks. It requires that organisations put basic security measures in place, enabling them to reliably counter the most common tactics employed by cyber criminals. From 1 October 2014, all suppliers bidding for a range of government ICT contracts – in particular contracts requiring the handling of sensitive and personal information – must be certified to the scheme.
This Pocket Guide explains how to achieve certification to Cyber Essentials in a fast, effective and cost-efficient manner. It will help you to:
- understand the requirements of the scheme
- implement the controls correctly
- realise when you are ready to seek certification
- get a grip on both the certification process and the distinction between Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus
- find additional help and resources.