Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
The widespread use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) has significantly increased the demand for knowledge about spatial analytical techniques across a range of disciplines. As growing numbers of researchers realise they are dealing with spatial data, the demand for specialised statistical and mathematical methods designed to deal with spatial data is undergoing a rapid increase.
Responding to this demand, The Handbook of Spatial Analysis is a comprehensive and authoritative discussion of issues and techniques in the field of Spatial Data Analysis. Its principal focus is on:
• why the analysis of spatial data needs separate treatment
• the main areas of spatial analysis
• the key debates within spatial analysis
• examples of the application of various spatial analytical techniques
• problems in spatial analysis
• areas for future research
Aimed at an international audience of academics, The Handbook of Spatial Analysis will also prove essential to graduate level students and researchers in government agencies and the private sector.