- 346 pagine
- ePUB (disponibile sull'app)
- Disponibile su iOS e Android
Informazioni sul libro
Drawing on mainstream and critical theoretical approaches, International Organizations offers a comprehensive examination of international organizations' political and structural role in world politics. This text details the types and activities of international organizations and provides students with the conceptual tools needed to evaluate their effectiveness. Surveying key issue areas from international and human security to trade and the environment, International Organizations looks at present and future possibilities for global governance from a broad range of perspectives.
New to the Sixth Edition
- Focused on the seismic shifts caused by the rise of national populism and the effects on the more liberal institutions of global governance.
- Fully revised throughout with a feature on the EU in the face of Brexit, the Greek financial crisis, and global migration.
- Adds a new section on the Arab League, expanded coverage of NGOs, and updates on the Paris Climate Accords.
- Overhauls the chapter on International Security including expanded coverage of the UN's present and historical role.
- Includes a new chapter on Regional Security covering NATO and ECOWAS.
- Provides new case studies on Syria, Ukraine, SDGs, and the global migration crisis, among several others.