Get access to over 750,000 titles
About This Book
The Handbook of Personality and Self-Regulation integrates scholarly research on self-regulation in the personality, developmental, and social psychology traditions for a broad audience of social and behavioral scientists interested in the processes by which people control, or fail to control, their own behavior.
- Examines self-regulation as it influences and is influenced by basic personality processes in normal adults
- Offers 21 original contributions from an internationally respected group of scholars in the fields of personality and self-regulation
- Explores the causes and consequences of inadequate self-regulation and the means by which self-regulation might be improved
- Integrates empirical findings on basic personality traits with findings inspired by emerging models of self-regulation
- Provides a comprehensive, up-to-date, and stimulating view of the field for students and researchers in a wide range of disciplines