Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Dive in to the cutting edge techniques of Linux KVM virtualization, and build the virtualization solutions your datacentre demands
About This Book
- Become an expert in Linux virtualization
- Migrate your virtualized datacenter to the cloud
- Find out how to build a large scale virtualization solution that will transform your organization
Who This Book Is For
Linux administrators – if you want to build incredible, yet manageable virtualization solutions with KVM this is the book to get you there. It will help you apply what you already know to some tricky virtualization tasks.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the ecosystem of tools that support Linux virtualization
- Find out why KVM offers you a smarter way to unlock the potential of virtualization
- Implement KVM virtualization using oVirt
- Explore the KVM architecture – so you can manage, scale and optimize it with ease
- Migrate your virtualized datacenter to the cloud for truly resource-efficient computing
- Find out how to integrate OpenStack with KVM to take full control of the cloud
A robust datacenter is essential for any organization – but you don't want to waste resources. With KVM you can virtualize your datacenter, transforming a Linux operating system into a powerful hypervisor that allows you to manage multiple OS with minimal fuss.
This book doesn't just show you how to virtualize with KVM – it shows you how to do it well. Written to make you an expert on KVM, you'll learn to manage the three essential pillars of scalability, performance and security – as well as some useful integrations with cloud services such as OpenStack. From the fundamentals of setting up a standalone KVM virtualization platform, and the best tools to harness it effectively, including virt-manager, and kimchi-project, everything you do is built around making KVM work for you in the real-world, helping you to interact and customize it as you need it. With further guidance on performance optimization for Microsoft Windows and RHEL virtual machines, as well as proven strategies for backup and disaster recovery, you'll can be confident that your virtualized data center is working for your organization – not hampering it. Finally, the book will empower you to unlock the full potential of cloud through KVM. Migrating your physical machines to the cloud can be challenging, but once you've mastered KVM, it's a little easie.
Style and approach
Combining advanced insights with practical solutions, Mastering KVM Virtualization is a vital resource for anyone that believes in the power of virtualization to help a business use resources more effectively.