Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Build Android N applications using modern techniques and libraries to get your own high-quality apps published on Google Play in no time
About This Book
- Get started with Android development, from the installation of required tools to publishing to the market
- Make your applications Android N ready—Android has evolved quite a lot since the very beginning and so has their Software Development Kit—so get up to speed
- Save time and improve the quality of your applications with widely used open source libraries and dependency management
Who This Book Is For
Want to get started with Android development? Start here.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know how to use popular open source libraries to reduce time to market and avoid re-inventing the wheel
- Automate your application's testing phase to avoid last minute crashes
- Use dependency management to properly keep dependencies and updates under control
- Efficiently show huge amounts of items in a list
- Forget about memory and speed concerns
- Publish and monetize your Android applications on Google Play
- Persist your application data so it can continue working in offline mode
- Don't let the UX break because of network issues
The mobile app market is huge. But where do you start? And how you can deliver something that takes Google Play by storm? This guide is the perfect route into Android app development – while it's easy for new apps to sink without a trace, we'll give you the best chance of success with practical and actionable guidance that will unlock your creativity and help you put the principles of Android development into practice.
From the fundamentals and getting your project started to publishing your app to a huge market of potential customers, follow this guide to become a confident, creative and reliable mobile developer. Get to grips with new components in Android 7 such as RecyclerView, and find out how to take advantage of automated testing, and, of course, much, much more.
What are you waiting for? There's never been a better time – or a better way – to get into Android app development.
Style and approach
More than just a manual, this is an accessible route into Android development. Packed with examples that demonstrate how to put key concepts and ideas into practice, this guide isn't just about learning, it's about immediate development.