Get access to over 600,000 titles
About This Book
About This Book
- Build large-scale, feature-complete SPAs by leveraging widely used tools and techniques.
- Gain a solid understanding of architecture and SPA design to build applications using the library or framework of your choice.
- Explore the various facets of SPA development to build web apps that are fast, scalable, and easy to test.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Organize your development environment using the command line with NPM, Bower, and Grunt.
- Choose an accurate design pattern for your app
- Build a single page application using the MEAN stack
- Connect your app across popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Test your app, both on the server side and in views
- Prepare your app for the real world and deploy it to Heroku
Single-page web applications—or SPAs, as they are commonly referred to—are quickly becoming the de facto standard for web app development. The fact that a major part of the app runs inside a single web page makes it very interesting and appealing. Also, the accelerated growth of browser capabilities is pushing us closer to the day when all apps will run entirely in the browser.
This book will teach you to leverage the MEAN stack to do everything from document database design, routing REST web API requests, data-binding within views, and adding authentication and security to building a full-fledged, complex, single-page web application.
Style and approach
Following a structured approach, this book helps readers gain expertise in SPA development. Its thorough coverage of SPA architecture and design, along with practical use cases, provides readers with a clear path to building applications with the library of their choice. For readers who are afraid to take the plunge straightaway, the book also offers step-by-step guidance on developing a complex web app.