Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) provides a step-by-step course in Levantine Arabic as it is used today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Levantine Arabic in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key and bilingual glossaries.
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Levantine Arabic.
Colloquials are now supported by FREE AUDIO available online. All audio tracks referenced within the text are free to stream or download from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio complements the book and will help enhance learners' listening and speaking skills.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B1 of the Common European Framework for Languages and at the Intermediate-Low on the ACTFL proficiency scales.