Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This new co-publication from Routledge and MiddleWeb provides a wealth of practical strategies and tips to help K–12 educators co-teach more effectively. Author Elizabeth Stein presents examples of different co-teaching models and shows how to cultivate a dynamic co-teaching relationship to benefit all students. Whether you're a brand new co-teacher or are simply looking to improve the dynamics in your classroom, the research-based strategies, vignettes, and ready-to-use assessment rubrics in this book will help you create a positive learning culture that influences all learners, teachers, and students alike. Topics include:
- Selecting and implementing the appropriate co-teaching model to optimize student learning;
- Developing an effective curriculum that plays to the strengths of both teachers;
- Creating a learning environment that promotes self-reflection and nurtures critical thinking;
- Accommodating all learners by embracing a multi-dimensional view of teacher knowledge; and
- Providing specific, attentive feedback to help students take charge of their learning.
The book also features book discussion questions for each chapter so you can work with colleagues during book studies and PLCs.