Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
Future Journalism investigates where journalism has come from, where it is now and where it might be going, through a range of case studies on organisations pushing the traditional boundaries of journalism, including Vice, Buzzfeed, Bellingcat, The Washington Post, the Guardian, Circa and Narrative Science. Sue Greenwood presents an analysis of the significant trends and practices shaping contemporary journalism and investigates what they can tell us about possible new directions for the news industry in the future.
- the rise of new business models for digital news production and their future;
- debates around the potential for non-human "journalists";
- the fluctuating figures around news consumption by audiences and what they can mean;
- the growing importance of ethical journalism in the digital age;
- practical exercises and recommended further reading.
In a constantly evolving media environment, this book guides readers through some of the most vital contemporary debates and important technological developments. Itis essential reading for students and young professionals preparing for a future in the journalism industry.