Get access to over 750,000 titles
About This Book
Museum and Gallery Studies: The Basics is an accessible guide for the student approaching Museum and Gallery Studies for the first time. Taking a global view, it covers the key ideas, approaches and contentious issues in the field. Balancing theory and practice, the book address important questions such as:
- What are museums and galleries?
- Who decides which kinds of objects are worthy of collection?
- How are museums and galleries funded?
- What ethical concerns do practitioners need to consider?
- How is the field of Museum and Gallery Studies developing?
This user-friendly text is an essential read for anyone wishing to work within museums and galleries, or seeking to understand academic debates in the field.