Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Forgotten Africa introduces the general reader and beginning student to Africa's past, emphasizing those aspects only known or best known from archaeological and related evidence. It covers four million years of history across the continent, examining important aspects of Africa's momentous human story. Graham Connah is concerned to raise public awareness, both inside and outside Africa, to this frequently overlooked and often forgotten subject.
Forgotten Africa examines:
* human origins,
* the material culture of hunter gatherers
*the beginnings of African farming, the development of metallurgy
* the emergence of distinctive artistic traditions
* the growth of cities and states
* the expansion of trading networks
* the impact of European and other external contacts.
The result is a fascinating and important story told in a straightforward and readable manner.