Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Bringing to the forefront a much-needed book that bridges the gap between journalistic theory and practice, Sarah Niblock and David Machin provide here an invaluable real-life account of reporting in the context of contemporary newsrooms.
Providing eight detailed ethnographies of eight different news production settings, News Production includes individual chapters that follow two news workers through their daily routines, detailing the exact nature of their jobs.
It provides students with:
- case studies to compare to their own experiences
- concrete examples to consolidate their skill-based training
- questions to raise about their placements
- information on how to prepare reports
- constraints they may encounter, and how to deal with them.
With chapters including 'News Agencies', 'The Roving Reporter', 'Photojournalism' and 'The New Reporter Learning the Ropes', for anyone taking practical units in news reporting, sub-editing, and law and ethics, News Production will provide them with all the information they need to succeed in this hectic, competitive and exciting world.