Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
The physical environment--its preservation, protection, and conservation--has become an urgent agenda for international marketers. Many marketing professionals have acknowledged that, in order to succeed, it is crucial that they integrate environmental considerations into their marketing strategies. Green Marketing in a Unified Europe gives marketing professionals insight into the opportunities available to competitively position themselves in the green environment, providing some companies with a much-needed strategic boost. Addressing the issue of green marketing at empirical and conceptual levels, contributors to Green Marketing in a Unified Europe give readers examples of how green marketing can be effectively integrated into international marketing. Chapters reveal green marketing's repercussions on the corporate world, on governments and governmental agencies, and on societies. Marketing professionals learn the specifics of:
- European green marketing strategies
- the practice of sustainable development in Europe
- eco-friendly companies and their practices
- consumer green environmentalism
- European public policy and the green environment These chapters represent a compilation of current research on green marketing and the European and/or international communities. This information provides marketing professionals and government policymakers with a good research base for developing effective green marketing policies, rules, and regulations in their own countries and companies. Readers learn of opportunities for businesses to competitively position themselves through an environment-friendly philosophy or through a stronger pro-environment stance. Marketing professionals, academics interested in public policy and green/environmental marketing, multinational companies, and practitioners hoping to jump on the “green” bandwagon will find Green Marketing in a Unified Europe an invaluable guide to learning how sustainable development affects policy-making in the European Union. They can then see how green marketing consequently impacts upon their own practices in Europe and in other regions with green marketing policies.