Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
The inspirational resource for tutors, students and other creative writing professionals, now in a new edition.
54 chapters cover the 3 centralareas of writing creatively: theories of creativity; the craft of writing; and creative writing as a business. With contributions from over 50 experts - poets, novelists, dramatists, publishers, editors, tutors, critics and scholars - from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada and Australia, this is the essential guide to writing, and getting published, in the English-speaking world.
New for this edition:
- Chapters: on 'indie publishing', 'social media', 'flash fiction', 'song lyrics and poetry', 'creative critical hybrids' & 'collaboration in the theatre'
Revised chapters on Making a Living as a Writer, Theories of Creativity, and Writing for the Web
Chapters updated to reflect changes in teaching, copyright & earning a living as a writer
- Updated Glossary of Terms
- A 3-in-1 text with outstanding breadth and depth of coverage
- Grounds the subject of creative writing and provides writing-related tasks
- Full of examples of ways to approach and improve your writing
- Valuable practical advice on getting published & making a living from your writing