Get access to over 750,000 titles
About This Book
The past decade has witnessed dramatic growth in the diversity and complexity of device applications where vacuum is required to support either high voltages or high electric fields. This is particularly true in thespace industry, specifically for the development of space-based pulse power systems.
This book presents an overview of the technological advances that have occurred since the publication of the Editors earlier book High Voltage Vacuum Insulation: The Physical Basis. In this latest book, contributions from internationally recognized professionals and researchers in the field provide expanded treatment of the practical aspects of the subject. High Voltage Vacuum Insulation: Basic Concepts and Technological Practice provides a modern working manual for this specialized technology that is generic to a wide range of applications. The format makes the text suitable for use as a basis for special topic lecture courses at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Provides the fundamental physical concepts of the subject
- Focuses on practical applications
- Gives a historical survey of the field
- Includes a detailed account of system design criteria
- Reviews theoretical models developed to explain the pinhole phenomena
- Presents results of a series of experimental investigations on the subject