- 208 pages
- ePUB (mobile friendly)
- Available on iOS & Android
About This Book
Applying fundamentals of marketing to commercial passenger air transportation, this textbook puts the emphasis on marketing principles and illustrative ways in which airlines can distinguish themselves within the highly competitive global marketplace.
Fundamentals of Airline Marketing begins with a survey of current airline business strategies and the macro forces that have shaped the airline industry in the past and will continue to do so in the future. The growing importance of technology is discussed both from the perspective of better understanding customer needs and engaging more effectively with them. The central role of the "customer" is explored through the lens of modern segmentation and branding approaches. Coverage then shifts to the tactical decision areas consisting of the 4Ps—product, place, promotion, and price—in which marketers shape and execute their strategies. The book concludes with a focus on executing marketing initiatives internally through customer-facing employee groups and externally through the measurement and management of the customer experience.
Fundamentals of Airline Marketing:
- is an accessible textbook on the fundamentals of marketing for commercial passenger air transportation
- chronicles the marketing innovations and controversies that have been central to the historic shift in airline fortunes
- demonstrates how airline decisions fit within the fundamentals of marketing and how the marketplace is continuing to evolve
- provides a bridge between key marketing principles and their specific application to the airline industry in each chapter
This textbook is written primarily for undergraduate college students enrolled in aviation business administration programs and related courses. It will also serve as an accessible primer on airline marketing for industry professionals not presently working in marketing and for frontline airline employees seeking to learn more about marketing.