Get access to over 600,000 titles
About This Book
A methodologically sophisticated, comprehensive approach to applying the Agile fixed-price contract to IT projects while maximizing customer and supplier relationships
"Interesting and necessary for IT managers and IT lawyers."
—Walter J. Jaburek, Dipl.-Ing., Dr. iur., Dr. techn.
Approximately 50 percent of software developers use Scrum, an iterative and incremental development method for managing software projects and product or application development, in their work. The benefit of Scrum and other Agile methods is that they can address shifts in a large project that traditional managerial methods cannot.
Written by pioneers and leaders in the field of Agile and Scrum, Agile Contracts is the only book dedicated exclusively to the legal, procurement, and project management considerations of Agile contracts. Providing templates, a toolbox, and examples of Agile fixed-price contracts, the book presents an alternative option to fixed-price, time-based, and supply-based contracts—reducing the risk for both the supplier and the customer with a contract that offers the possibility of flux and flexible scenarios as a project progresses.
Agile Contracts features in-depth chapter coverage of:
- The Agile Manifesto of 2001
- Agility from the perspective of procurement and the software provider
- The problems with traditional fixed-price contracts and time material contracts
- What the Agile fixed-price contract is and how it is set up
- Tendering based on the Agile fixed-price contract
- How to negotiate an Agile fixed-price contract
- Special guidelines for the legal framework of an Agile fixed-price contract
- Adaptable Scope System
- The Black Swan scenario
- Contracts and procedures for the featured methodologies
Especially applicable within highly structured business organizations, Agile Contracts is a must-read for project managers, agile practitioners, procurement representatives, and IT lawyers.