Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites: Characterization, Processing, and Applications discusses the most recent research in nanomaterials and nanocomposites for a range of applications as well as modern characterization tools and techniques. It deals with nanocomposites that are dispersed with nanosized particulates and carbon nanotubes in their matrices (polymer, metal, and ceramic). In addition, the work:
- Describes different nanomaterials, such as metal and metal oxides, clay and POSS, carbon nanotubes, cellulose, and biobased polymers in a structured manner
- Examines the processing of carbon nanotube-based nanocomposites, layered double hydroxides, and cellulose nanoparticles as functional fillers and reinforcement materials
- Covers size effect on thermal, mechanical, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties
- Details machining and joining aspects of nanocomposites
- Discusses the development of smart nanotextiles (intelligent textiles), self-cleaning glass, sensors, actuators, ferrofluids, and wear-resistant nanocoatings.
This book enables an efficient comparison of properties and capabilities of these advanced materials, making it relevant for materials scientists and chemical engineers conducting academic research and industrial R&D into nanomaterial processing and applications.