Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
Translational bioinformatics (TBI) involves development of storage, analytics, and advanced computational methods to harvest knowledge from voluminous biomedical and genomic data into 4P healthcare (proactive, predictive, preventive, and participatory). Translational Bioinformatics Applications in Healthcare offers a detailed overview on concepts of TBI, biological and clinical databases, clinical informatics, and pertinent real-case applications. It further illustrates recent advancements, tools, techniques, and applications of TBI in healthcare, including Internet of Things (IoT) potential, toxin databases, medical image analysis and telemedicine applications, analytics of COVID-19 CT images, viroinformatics and viral diseases, and COVID-19–related research.
- Covers recent technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, and Big data analytics in bioinformatics
- Presents the role of translational bioinformatic methods in the field of viroinformatics, as well as in drug development and repurposing
- Includes translational healthcare and NGS for clinical applications
- Illustrates translational medicine systems and their applications in better healthcare
- Explores medical image analysis with focus on CT images and novel coronavirus disease detection
Aimed at researchers and graduate students in computational biology, data mining and knowledge discovery, algorithms and complexity, and interdisciplinary fields of studies, including bioinformatics, health-informatics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, and viroinformatics.
Khalid Raza is an Assistant Professor, the Department of Computer Science, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi. His research interests include translational bioinformatics, computational intelligence methods and its applications in bioinformatics, viroinformatics, and health informatics.
Nilanjan Dey is an Associate Professor, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, JIS University, Kolkata, India. His research interests include medical imaging, machine learning, computer-aided diagnosis, and data mining.