Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
A comprehensive resourceon theregulations, applications, properties and processingof pigmentsusedin color cosmetics, now in its second edition.
Coloring the Cosmetic World is a highly practical guide to colorantselectionforproductformulations inthe modern cosmetics and toiletries industry. Providing theessential knowledge required to successfullyincorporate pigmentsinto cosmetic formulations, this unique resource covers all essential aspects of colorselection—including regulations, economics, color esthetics, andstability—as well asprocessing, colormeasurement, pigment testing, natural colorants, and more.This new editioncontainscarefully revisedcontentandincludesupdated coverage ofeconomicand regulatory criteria.
Drawing upon their decades of experience in the color industry, the authorand editorfocus on the specific color additives that areapproved for usein cosmetics formulations. Thebook'stwelve in-depth chapters include fullmasstonerepresentations ofnumerouspigments to help readers appreciate subtleties and differences inabsorptionpigments, effect pigments, specialty pigments, and others.Appendices contain variouspigmenttest methods, a glossary, and an up-to-date listing of treated pigment patents.Covering the chemistry, regulations, evaluation, processing, and properties of worldwide cosmetic pigments, this one-of-a-kind book:
- Covers the common pigmentsusedinlipsticks, face makeup, eye shadow, mascara, nail lacquer, and othercolor cosmetics
- Provides detailed information on a variety of specific pigments, including theirchemical properties, esthetic quality, and application in a wide range of products
- Discusses regulatory considerations andthe economics of selecting colors for use indifferentdecorative cosmetics
- Highlights practical concernssuch as colorants'stability, interactionswith other chemicals, manufacturingconditions, andpackaging
- Explains how the effects of heat, light, pH, humidity, and other environmental factors inform pigment selection for different product types and use cases
Coloring the Cosmetic World: Using Pigments in Decorative Cosmetic Formulations, Second Edition, is anindispensable guide forcosmeticchemists, a useful reference for purchasing agents, supply coordinators, and marketersworking in the cosmetics industry, and a valuable supplementary