Get access to over 650,000 titles
About This Book
This book contains both practical and theoretical aspects of groundwater resourcesrelating to geochemistry.Focusing onrecent researchingroundwater resources, this bookhelps readersto understand thehydrogeochemistryof groundwater resources.Dealing primarilywith the sources of ions in groundwater, the book describes geogenic and anthropogenic input of ionsintowater.Different organic, inorganic and emerging contamination and salinity problemsare described, along withpollution-related issuesaffectinggroundwater. New trends in groundwater contamination remediation measuresareincluded, which will be particularly useful toresearchers working in the field of water conservation.The book also contains diverse groundwater modellingexamples, enablingabetter understanding of water-related issues and their management.
Groundwater Geochemistry: Pollution and Remediation offers the reader:
- An understandingofthe quantitative and qualitative challenges of groundwater resources
- An introduction to the environmental geochemistry of groundwater resources
- A survey of groundwater pollution-related issues
- Recent trends in groundwater conservation and remediation
- Mathematical and statisticalmodelingrelated to groundwater resources
Students, lecturersand researchers working inthe fields ofhydrogeochemistry, water pollutionandgroundwaterwill find Groundwater Geochemistry an essential companion.