- Available on iOS & Android
eBook - PDF
About This Book
Bringing together a range of core texts into one volume, this acclaimed anthology offers the definitive resource in culture, media, and communication.
- A fully revised new edition of the bestselling anthology in this dynamic and multidisciplinary field
- New contributions include essays from Althusser through to Henry Jenkins, and a completely new section on Globalization and Social Movements
- Retains important emphasis on the giant thinkers and "makers" of the field: Gramsci on hegemony; Althusser on ideology; Horkheimer and Adorno on the culture industry; Raymond Williams on Marxist cultural theory; Habermas on the public sphere; McLuhan on media; Chomsky on propaganda; hooks and Mulvey on the subjects of visual pleasure and oppositional gazes
- Features a substantial critical introduction, short section introductions and full bibliographic citations