Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
Can homeschoolers successfully navigate the path to college?
The answer is an enthusiastic "Yes!"
If you love homeschooling but need a clear road map for the journey from high school to college, this is the book for you.
You'll appreciate this practical, detailed guide that walks you step by step through the entire process-from the beginning of middle school to the day you give your college freshman one last goodbye hug.
Countless "how to" tips packed into 440 pages will relieve stress as you creatively design a high school program strong enough to stand up to even the most rigorous admissions process.
You'll discover how to use the middle school years to jump-start your high school planning, how to create customized curricula, and how to find materials, support, and sources for courses-often in the most unlikely places!
You'll gain confidence in keeping orderly records, calculating GPAs, and constructing professional-looking transcripts and portfolios.
You'll thoroughly grasp the entire spectrum of college prep considerations:
- - Locating or designing honors and advanced courses
- - Seeking out leadership opportunities that provide fun, growth, and positive attention from admissions staff-even at highly selective universities
- - Preparing your student for college entrance exams
- - Helping your high schooler navigate community college courses
- - Tackling college applications and coaching your student through personal statements
- - Gathering insightful recommendation letters
- - Scouting out scholarships
- - Planning a gap year if your student desires a time of exploration
- - Best of all, you'll learn how to leverage the #1 college admissions secret, for which homeschoolers are excellently positioned.
Packed with tips and advice based on years of meticulous research and personal experience, this expanded second edition of Homeschooled & Headed for College brings you insights from a veteran homeschooling parent who has successfully navigated the selective college path for her own children and has guided hundreds of other students through the college prep process.
Homeschooled & Headed for College maps out your itinerary so you can relax and enjoy the journey!
You'll love this book, because the journey of a lifetime deserves a personalized GPS.
Grab a copy today to gain momentum for your own adventurous road trip.
Named one of BookAuthority's "Best New Homeschooling Books to Read in 2021."