Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This book provides comprehensive, rigorous and up-to-date coverage of key issues that have emerged in the first quarter of the 21st Century in transnational construction arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Covering four general themes, this book discusses:
- the increasing internationalisation of dispute resolution in construction law;
- the increasing reliance on technology in the management of construction projects and construction arbitration/ADR;
- the increasing prominence of collaborative contracting in construction and infrastructure projects;
- the increasing importance of contractual adjudication such as dispute boards in construction and infrastructure projects;
- the increasing prevalence of statutory adjudication mechanisms across the world; and
- the greater incidence of investment disputes and disputes against States and State entities over construction and infrastructure concessions and agreements.
Tapping on their substantial expertise in practice and in research, the contributor team of senior practitioners and academics in the area of construction law and dispute resolution provide readers with information that balances an intellectually rigorous academic contribution against the backdrop of real concerns raised in practice.
Construction Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution is an invaluable resource for practitioners in the field, academics in arbitration and construction law, and post-graduate students in construction law and dispute resolution.