Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
This book explains the concept of wearable computing, need for wearable technology, its advantages, application areas, state of art developments in this area, required material and technology, possible future applications including cyborg developments and the need for this sphere of influence in the future. The scope encompasses three major components, wearable computing (next generation of conventional computing, ergonomics), wearable technology (medical support, rehabilitation engineering, assistive technology support devices, army/combat usage) and allied technologies (miniature components, reliability, high performance integration, cyber physical systems, robotics).
- Aids reader to recognize the need and functional operations of a wearable computing device
- Includes diversified examples and case studies from different domains
- Presents a hybrid concept relating medical care and augmented reality
- Illustrates product level description examples and research ideas for future development
- Introduces various wearable technologies and other related technologies for enabling wearable computing
This book is aimed at senior undergraduate, graduate students and researchers in computer and biomedical engineering, bioinstrumentation, biosensors, and assistive technology.