Get access to over 750,000 titles
About This Book
This book details the use of conducting polymers and their composites in supercapacitors, batteries, photovoltaics, and fuel cells, nearly covering the entire spectrum of energy area under one title. Conducting Polymers for Advanced Energy Applications covers a range of advanced materials based on conducting polymers, the fundamentals, and the chemistry behind these materials for energy applications.
- Covers materials, chemistry, various synthesis approaches, and the properties of conducting polymers and their composites
- Discusses commercialization and markets and elaborates on advanced applications
- Presents an overview and the advantages of using conducting polymers and their composites for advanced energy applications
- Describes a variety of nanocomposites, including metal oxides, chalcogenides, graphene, and materials beyond graphene
- Offers the fundamentals of electrochemical behavior
This book provides a new direction for scientists, researchers, and students in materials science and polymer chemistry who seek to better understand the chemistry behind conducting polymers and improve their performance for use in advanced energy applications.