Get access to over 750,000 titles
About This Book
This comprehensive reference text discusses concepts of cognitive radio and the advances in the field of spectrum sensing.
This text discusses the concept of cognitive radio for next generation wireless communication and a very critical aspect of cognitive radio – that is, spectrum sensing – in detail. It covers important topics including narrowband spectrum sensing, wideband spectrum sensing, cooperative spectrum sensing, system and channel models, detection algorithms, approximation of decision statistics, and theoretical analysis of detection algorithms in detail. Separate chapters are dedicated to discussing the analysis and use of detection algorithms for narrowband spectrum sensing, wideband spectrum sensing, and cooperative wideband spectrum sensing.
Aimed at graduate students and academic researchers in the fields of electrical engineering and electronics and communication engineering, this text:
- Discusses concepts of cognitive radio and research in spectrum sensing.
- Presents mathematical analysis of algorithms considering practical environment.
- Explains novel wideband spectrum sensing algorithms with detailed analysis.
- Provides mathematical derivations to help readers.
- Discusses basic spectrum sensing algorithms, from narrowband spectrum sensing to the more advanced wideband spectrum sensing.