Get access to over 700,000 titles
About This Book
Learn the fundamentals of vue.js by creating complex SPAs with Vuex, vue-router and more
- We bridge the gap between "learning" and "doing" by providing real-world examples that will improve your web development skills with Vue.js
- Explore the exciting features of Vue.js 2 through practical and interesting examples
- Explore modern development tools and learn how to utilize them by building applications with Vue.js
Vue.js is a frontend web framework which makes it easy to do just about anything, from displaying data up to creating full-blown web apps, and has become a leading tool for web developers. This book puts Vue.js into a real-world context, guiding you through example projects that helps you build Vue.js applications from scratch.
With this book, you will learn how to use Vue.js by creating three Single Page web applications. Throughout this book, we will cover the usage of Vue, for building web interfaces, Vuex, an official Vue plugin which makes caching and storing data easier, and Vue-router, a plugin for creating routes and URLs for your application.
Starting with a JSON dataset, the first part of the book covers Vue objects and how to utilize each one. This will be covered by exploring different ways of displaying data from a JSON dataset. We will then move on to manipulating the data with filters and search and creating dynamic values.
Next, you will see how easy it is to integrate remote data into an application by learning how to use the Dropbox API to display your Dropbox contents in an application
In the final section, you will see how to build a product catalog and dynamic shopping cart using the Vue-router, giving you the building blocks of an e-commerce store.
What you will learn
- Looping through data with Vue.js
- Searching and filtering data
- Using components to display data
- Getting a list of files using the dropbox API
- Navigating through a file tree and loading folders from a URL
- Caching with Vuex
- Pre-caching for faster navigation
- Introducing vue-router and loading components
- Using vue-router dynamic routes to load data
- Using vue-router and Vuex to create an ecommerce store
Who this book is for