- Über iOS und Android verfügbar
Über dieses Buch
Principles of Toxicology concisely and efficiently presents the scientific basis for toxicology as it applies to the workplace and the environment, covering diverse chemical hazards encountered in modern workplaces and natural environments and providing a practical understanding of these hazards for those concerned with protecting the health of humans and ecosystems. The work presents not only theory, but also practical information regarding chemical hazards to give the student and new professional a working knowledge of the practice of toxicology and the ability to solve problems in environmental and industrial settings.
Case histories and examples from industrial and environmental exposures to chemicals are included to demonstrate the application of toxicological principles. To allow for seamless reader comprehension and further exploration of covered topics, the work is supplemented with numerous illustrations to clarify and summarize key points, as well as annotated bibliographies. In the 4th edition, all chapters and references have been updated to account for the latest scientific thinking, and new color figures have been added.
New topics covered in 4th Edition of Principles of Toxicology include:
- Regulatory toxicology, including the key regulatory framework in which much of the field of toxicology operates
- Alternative methods in toxicology, including cutting-edge approaches to developing new information on the toxicity of drugs and chemicals
- The dilemma of selecting safe exposure limits, guiding readers through practical considerations and pitfalls in developing and using safe exposure limits
- Ecological risk assessment, with detailed discussion of methods and considerations when evaluating the effects of contaminants on plants and animals.
Providing information on the principles of toxicology and the application of those principles to solve problems in environmental and industrial settings, Principles of Toxicology serves as an excellent textbook resource for advanced undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in a range of environmental and health fields. It is also valuable to health professionals who need toxicological information and assistance beyond what is found in an introductory text to general toxicology.