- 208 Seiten
- ePUB (handyfreundlich)
- Über iOS und Android verfügbar
Über dieses Buch
What's the hard truth? Soft skills get little respect but will make or break your career. Master your soft skills and really get ahead at work!
Fortune 500 coach Peggy Klaus encounters individuals every day who excel at their jobs but aren't getting where they want to go. It's rarely a shortfall in technical expertise that limits their careers, but rather a shortcoming in their social, communication, and self-management behaviors. In The Hard Truth About Soft Skills Klaus delivers practical tools and techniques for mastering soft skills across the career spectrum. She shows how to:
- manage your workload
- handle the critics
- develop and promote your personal brand
- navigate office politics
- lead the troops
- and much more!
Klaus reveals why soft skills are often ignored, while bringing their importance to life in her trademark style—straightforward, humorous, and motivating. Perfect for readers at all professional stages—from those who are just starting out to seasoned executives—this book is essential reading for anyone who wants to take his or her career to the next level.
Häufig gestellte Fragen
- Knowing yourself is as important as knowing how to do the job.
- There’s no such thing as work-life balance, only trade-offs.
- Years of loyalty can work against you.
- Listen to your gut—it’s full of data.
- No risks, no rewards.
- Get out of your own way.
- Learn the honest truth about integrity.
- You have to be good to be lucky.