- 288 Seiten
- ePUB (handyfreundlich)
- Über iOS und Android verfügbar
Über dieses Buch
Fully updated to reflect DSM-5 and current assessment tools, procedures and research, this award-winning book provides a practical and scientifically-based approach to identifying, assessing, and treating children and adolescents with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in school settings. Integrating current research evidence with theory and best-practice, the book will support school-based professionals in a number of key areas including:
· screening and assessing children and youth with high-functioning autism spectrum conditions
· identifying evidence-based interventions and practices
· developing and implementing comprehensive educational programs
· providing family support and accessing community resources
· promoting special needs advocacy.
Illustrative case examples, a glossary of terms and helpful checklists and forms make this the definitive resource for identifying and implementing interventions for pupils with ASD.