- ePUB (handyfreundlich)
- Über iOS und Android verfügbar
Über dieses Buch
Want to design your own video games? Let expert Scott Rogers show you how! If you want to design and build cutting-edge video games but aren't sure where to start, then the SECOND EDITION of the acclaimed Level Up! is for you! Written by leading video game expert Scott Rogers, who has designed the hits Pac Man World, Maximo and SpongeBob Squarepants, this updated edition provides clear and well-thought out examples that forgo theoretical gobbledygook with charmingly illustrated concepts and solutions based on years of professional experience. Level Up! 2ndEdition has been NEWLY EXPANDED to teach you how to develop marketable ideas, learn what perils and pitfalls await during a game's pre-production, production and post-production stages, and provide even more creative ideas to serve as fuel for your own projects including:
- Developing your game design from the spark of inspiration all the way to production
- Learning how to design the most exciting levels, the most precise controls, and the fiercest foes that will keep your players challenged
- Creating games for mobile and console systems – including detailed rules for touch and motion controls
- Monetizing your game from the design up
- Writing effective and professional design documents with the help of brand new examples
Level Up! 2nd Edition is includes all-new content, an introduction by David " God of War " Jaffe and even a brand-new chili recipe –making it an even more indispensable guide for video game designers both "in the field" and the classroom.
Grab your copy of Level Up!2nd Edition and let's make a game!
Häufig gestellte Fragen
- Q: What is a game?
- A: A game is an activity that
- Requires at least one player
- Has rules
- Has a win and/or lose condition
- Q: What is a video game?
- A: A video game is a game that is played on a video screen.
- Battleship: Sink all of your opponent’s ships.
- Operation: Successful operations earn “Money.” Failures set off alarms.
- Mouse Trap: Player turns the crank, which rotates gears, causing lever to move and push the stop sign against shoe. Shoe tips bucket holding metal ball. Ball rolls down rickety stairs and into rain pipe, which leads it to hit helping hand rod. This causes bowling ball to fall from top of helping hand rod through thing-a-ma-jig and bathtub to land on diving board. Weight of bowling ball catapults diver through the air and right into wash tub, causing cage to fall from top of post and trap unsuspecting mouse.