- 444 pages
- ePUB (adapté aux mobiles)
- Disponible sur iOS et Android
À propos de ce livre
European Politics expertly and accessibly surveys the history, institutions, and issues that are essential for understanding contemporary European politics. Exploring a central question—"what is Europe?"—this text's thematic approach helps students compare politics in individual countries and see the political big picture in the region. European Politics examines not only countries which are (or were) in the European Union but also those eligible to join, to give students the most comprehensive picture of Europe's evolution in a globalized world.
Key changes for the new edition include:
- coverage of hot topics such as Brexit, Covid-19, rise of nationalist-populists, authoritarian developments in Hungary, Poland, and Turkey, separatism in Catalonia, refugees/migrants, environmentalism, Ukraine, Russia, US-European relations, recent elections, and security threats emanating within Europe and beyond;
- a consolidated presentation on the European Union;
- fully updated data and examples; and
- a new concluding chapter recapping the main ideas and suggesting scenarios for the European project moving forward.
This timely, in-depth text will be essential reading for anyone interested in European politics.