- 332 pages
- ePUB (adapté aux mobiles)
- Disponible sur iOS et Android
À propos de ce livre
A definitive resource, the Introduction to Emergency Management and Disaster Science presents the essentials to better understand and manage disasters. The third edition of this popular text has been revised and updated to provide a substantively enriched and evidence-based guide for students and emerging professionals. The new emphasis on disaster science places it at the forefront of a rapidly evolving field. This third edition offers important updates, including:
- Newly commissioned insights from former students and professional colleagues involved with emergency management practice and disaster science; international policies, programs, and practices; and socially vulnerable populations.
- Significantly enriched content and coverage of new disasters and recent research, particularly the worldwide implications of climate change and pandemics.
- Pedagogical features like chapter objectives, key terms and definitions, discussion points and resources.
- The only textbook authored by three winners of the Blanchard Award for excellence in emergency management instruction.
The Introduction to Emergency Management and Disaster Science is a must-have textbook for graduate and undergraduate students and is also an excellent source of information for researchers and professionals.