Get access to over 600,000 titles
About This Book
Over 50 practical and immediately applicable recipes to help you manage services in your enterprise environment efficiently
About This Book
- Solve problems and challenges encountered while implementing or using ServiceNow in your organization
- Helps you build core administration, management, and maintenance skills to automate and orchestrate your IT environment
- Comes with recipes to improve the way you design and create automated workflows
Who This Book Is For
This book targets IT professionals and administrators who have some experience of working with ServiceNow already and are looking to solve regular or unique problems that surface when using ServiceNow.
What You Will Learn
- Grasp the basics, such as entering and navigation, required to implement ServiceNow
- Perform core configuration and management tasks
- Use the ServiceNow plugins to manage development
- Build and publish custom applications for service management
- Design data-driven apps to connect with outside worlds by getting into Client and server scripting
- Configure alerts and notifications and understand e-mail troubleshooting and watermarking
- Build and configure reports to set up your dashboard as per the requirement
- Create and configure workflow activities
ServiceNow is the ideal platform for you to create enterprise-level applications, giving borh requesters and fulfillers better visibility and access to a process. With this title we'll guide you through the world of ServiceNow, letting you take on the best the platform offers you with the least amount of hassle.
Starting with the core configuration and management tasks, this book will help you build data-driven apps and it will also explore development best practices. You will learn to set up email notifications for users and work with the database view for reporting. Next, the book will guide you through creating various tasks from the workflow and show you how to make the most of the workflow utilities available in ServiceNow. Finally, the book will drive you through the auditing and diagnosing aspects of ServiceNow.
By the end of this book, you will acquire immediately applicable skills to rectify everyday problems encountered on the ServiceNow platform.
Style and approach
This book follows a recipe-based problem-solution approach to address and dispel challenges faced when implementing and using ServiceNow on a regular basis.It will act as a quick solution when trying to solve specific problems without having to read an exhaustive tutorial.