- 486 Seiten
- Über iOS und Android verfügbar
Über dieses Buch
This bestselling textbook offers a comprehensive introduction to the global business environment, blending cross-disciplinary topics from sociology, politics and economics with a compelling exploration of how contemporary events relate to worldwide business practice. Truly international in scope, the book allows students to explore multiple perspectives and scenarios to prepare them for the highly globalised business operations of today. This new edition is thoroughly up-to-date, covering the profound global changes that are impacting upon how we do business, such as the rethinking of populism, the worsening of climate change effects and the rise of nationalist populism. With a new enhanced focus on the sustainability issues that challenge businesses today, applicability to real-world business practice remains the book's core principle. Janet Morrison's characteristically clear and authoritative writing style, combined with an unrivalled range of learning features, ensures that this book offers all of the essential tools to support skills development, critical thinking and academic insight. Ideal for undergraduate and MBA modules on the Business Environment or Business Contexts, this book is also suitable for International Business modules that offer an introduction to the issues of global economics in the context of other political, social and cultural environments. New to this Edition:
- An increased focus on sustainability, covering climate change, individual and societal wellbeing, good governance and financial stability
- New pedagogical features, including mini-case studies, 'Shining a Light on Business Decisions', insight boxes, video links and marginal definitions
- New case studies, including more on emerging economies
- Up-to-date coverage of how business reacts to key contemporary issues and controversies, such as the opioid epidemic, the plastic crisis and new appointments to the US supreme court Accompanying online resources for this title can be found at bloomsburyonlineresources.com/the-global-business-environment. These resources are designed to support teaching and learning when using this textbook and are available at no extra cost.