About This Book
The study of fashion has exploded in recent decades, yet what this all meansorquite where it might take us is not clear. This new book helps to bring fashion into focus, with a comprehensive guide to the key theories, perspectives and developments in the field.
Tim Edwards includes coverage of all the major theories of fashion, including recent scholarship, alongside subcultural analysis and an in-depth look at production. Individual topics include:
- men's fashion, masculinity and the suit
- women's fashion and the role of sexuality
- children, the body and fashion
- the role of celebrity and designer label culture
- globalisation and the production of fashion.
Fashion in Focus is the ideal companion for students in the arts and social sciences, especially those studying issues such as fashion, gender, sexuality and consumer culture.