About This Book
Teach Like a Champion 3.0 isthe long-awaited update to DougLemov'shighly regarded guide tothe craft of teaching. This bookteaches you how to createa positive and productiveclassroom that encouragesstudent engagement, trust, respect, accountability, andexcellence.In this edition, you'll find newand updatedteaching techniques, the latest evidence from cognitive science and culturally responsive teaching practices, andan expanded companion video collection. Learn how to build students' background knowledge, move learning into long-term memory, and connect your teaching with the curriculum content for tangible improvement in learning outcomes.
The new version of the book includes:
- An introductory chapter on mental models for teachers to use to guide their decision-making in the classroom.
- Abrand newchapter on Lesson Preparation.
- 10 new techniques
- Updated and revised versions of all the technique readers know anduse
- A brand new set of exemplar videos, including more than a dozen longer "keystone" videos which show how teachers combine and balance technique over a stretch of 8 to 10 minutes of teaching.
- Extensive discussion of research in social andcognitivescience to support and guide the use of techniques.
- Additionalonline resources, andsupports
Read this powerful update to discover the techniques that leading teachers are using to put students on the path to success.